Maximize your contests by relating it to your brand in innovative ways. This will boost the amount of people actually talking about your brand – as opposed to simply talking about the contest itself!
Here are some easy ways to incorporate your brand into your contest:
- Let entrants decide on your next product line or marketing campaign via a Vote Contest
- Have entrants caption a photo of one of your products in a Photo Caption Contest
- Have entrants create boards on Pinterest that include their favorite items that you sell
- Have entrants write an essay about how they use your products or why they like them so much
- Have entrants enter a photo of themselves using your products or at your business
- Make sure the title of your contest and the contest image incorporate your brand – as these are the things that will get shared and will be seen the most.
DO NOT – make users do something like tweet “I LOVE BRAND X” on Twitter – it will make your company appear desperate.
Check out Wishpond’s Twitter Campaigns to boost your ROI from Twitter using contests and promotions: