Following-up with Contest Entrants for Twitter Campaigns
In terms of turning contest entrants into customers, this is the most important step. Follow these 3 easy steps for following up with entrants to maximize your contests PR and sales potential:
1. Post the winner’s name on each of your social channels
- This will make users happy because they associate a real person with winning the prize. Furthermore, that person will share about the contest and your brand even more with their followers on Twitter.
- This will also alleviate any concerns/grievances that some entrants may have - such as no one actually being awarded the prize stated in the contest (these concerns arise much more often that you think!)
2. Email the winner and ask them to send a picture of themselves with the prize when they receive it (this image is biG for your company’s pr!)
3. Email non-winners with a small consolation prize
Losing is not a nice feeling - even when it’s in a contest. Make every entrant feel like a winner by sending them an exclusive prize - such as a 25% off coupon to your business - and telling them to stay tuned to your Facebook Page for your next contest.
Check out Wishpond’s Twitter Campaigns to boost your ROI from Twitter using contests and promotions: