Which Industries Capitalize Most on Easter?
You probably aren’t surprised that the industries that make the most off the Easter holidays are retailers and brands. Below we’ll cover some of the numbers associated with goods bought during the Easter holidays.
Here’s a list of the 7 most popular goods bought for Easter (in no specific order):
- Greeting Cards
- The Greeting Card Association 2010 reported 21.9 million Easter cards with a retail value of £14.8 million were sold in 2009.
- Easter is second to Halloween on the top chocolate consumption day of the year.
- The total annual spending on Easter candy is $2.1 billion.
Here are a few lessons from Cadbury Celebrations’ online marketing:
- Don’t be afraid to let loose and have a little fun.
- Create anticipation of the holiday by not only celebrating on the day, but days up until Easter as well.
- Incorporate your products into the holiday fun.
Here are a few lessons from Walmart:
Encourage your fans to interact and voice their opinion on your page.
Do a product comparison - find out which product/service your fans prefer.
Create a special Easter touch on your posts to create the holiday atmosphere on your page.